The Truth Behind The Blog

I always hear parents say they are screwing up their kids. I laugh and think, well that is job security for all the therapits out there. I share my parenting views on here as well as my frustrations and aggrevations. My goal will to be to look at parenting in my own unique way and share my experiences.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

It's love, love, love

There are days I swear I could completely loose my mind. My son is at that age where he doesn't hear.... Well it is his claim to fame, I suppose once boys hit a certain age they go deaf to women's voices for the rest of their lives, occassionaly mens too.

I am baffled at how many times he acknowledges what I said and two hours later he goes I didn't hear you. The disconnect is so amazing that I think we are both bound to go nutty soon. How much can one person take of this lack luster communication style.

I think what needs to happen is I need more rules. Now please understand, it isn't that my children run amuck, I have seen that in some households and that makes me crazy. However, there is not enough consistency, and the kids needs to play an organized sport.

He is so my son and I wish, WISH TO ALL THAT IS GOOD, that someone would have forced me to focus on SOMETHING in my life. To this day I am still flighty, I have birthday cards sitting to send, even gift cards and I suck. I really suck at getting stuff done. I think he needs to learn how to schedule.

If anyone has tips on how to teach HIM to schedule his time as opposed to me scheduling it for him, let me know. I think it is time he learns that, though he loves me and thinks the world of me, I struggle every day with time lines and time schedules. I should schedule my days a little better. I would like him to learn the art of that but if I don't even do it, how do I teach that to my son?

No comments:

Post a Comment